Install-WindowsFeature NET-Framework-45-Features, RPC-over-HTTP-proxy, RSAT-Clustering, RSAT-Clustering-CmdInterface, RSAT-Clustering-Mgmt, RSAT-Clustering-PowerShell, Web-Mgmt-Console, WAS-Process-Model, Web-Asp-Net45, Web-Basic-Auth, Web-Client-Auth, Web-Digest-Auth, Web-Dir-Browsing, Web-Dyn-Compression, Web-Http-Errors, Web-Http-Logging, Web-Http-Redirect, Web-Http-Tracing, Web-ISAPI-Ext, Web-ISAPI-Filter, Web-Lgcy-Mgmt-Console, Web-Metabase, Web-Mgmt-Console, Web-Mgmt-Service, Web-Net-Ext45, Web-Request-Monitor, Web-Server, Web-Stat-Compression, Web-Static-Content, Web-Windows-Auth, Web-WMI, Windows-Identity-Foundation
d) Open CMD in Admin mode and cd into the Exchange Installation Directory:
Setup.exe /PrepareSchema /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms
Setup.exe /PrepareAD /OrganizationName: XYZCompany /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms
Note: Replace XYZCompany by your Organization Name. If you have two words enter them in quotes e.g., “Xyz Company”.
GUI mode of Installation will open – Connect to Internet and check for Updates – Select Mailbox + Management Tools + check Automatically Install Windows Server Roles and Features. It will perform the Prerequisites check and if you get Warning, kindly ignore it unless you get an error message. Click Install.
Note: I highly recommend you to create a new user e.g, [email protected] with Domain Admin, Organization Management & Enterprise Admin Roles. Enable his mailbox on Exchange 2016 Database.
Enable-Mailbox -Identity 2019Admin@yourdomain.com -Database DatabaseOn2019
It will help you open the Exchange Admin Center 2019 directly if you type https://localhost/ecp
A hybrid deployment with Office 365 has been detected. Please ensure that you are running setup with the /TenantOrganizationConfig switch.
Cause: If you have an existing Exchange 2010 Server and have configured Hybrid Setup with Office 365, you may find an error:
1. Connect to Exchange Online Powershell.
2. Run the command
Get-OrganizationConfig | Export-Clixml -Path C:\MyTenantOrganizationConfig.XML
Setup.exe /PrepareAD /TenantOrganizationConfig C:\MyTenantOrganizationConfig.XML /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms
Restart the machine and you will find your newly Exchange 2019 environment. Open Google Chrome and type:
Login with Administrator credentials. Configure it properly.
If you have Exchange 2010 and wants to decommission it, follow the steps below:
1) Export 3rd party SSL Certificate from Exchange 2010 and import it into Exchange 2019. Assign the services IIS & SMTP to imported certificate.
2) Export all the Receive connectors using the script and run the command in Exchange 2019 Management Shell:
.\Copy-ReceiveConnector.ps1 -SourceServer DC1 -ConnectorName "Specific Receive Connector" -Targ etServer DC5 -MoveToFrontend -ResetBindings -DomainController DC1.exolab.tk
3) Point all Firewalls & Load Balancers to Exchange 2019 Private Ip Address.
4) Try validating with [email protected] user from Office 365 – Outbound to On-Premises Connector in to check mail flow is working. Try sending one test email from 2016Admin user to migrated cloud user and vice versa.
5) Point all Multi-Functional Devices / Applications using SMTP Relay to the Private Ip Address of Exchange 2016 Server.
6) Migrate all three Arbitration/System Mailboxes from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2019 using Migration Tab in Exchange 2019 Admin Center.
7) Shut down Exchange 2010 server and check mail flow working fine. Leave it shut down for one week to check reporting from any end-user. Once everything seems working for 1-2 weeks, then think of De-commisioning the Exchange 2010 Server.
There are total 13 Steps. I have included the Live Demo of all the above steps. I hope if you are facing any issues, the tutorial will help you:
Thanks a ton for reading my blog, don’t leave without mentioning your comments, errors and I will try to revert with a best possible resolution. Please do Subscribe our Youtube Channel for more upcoming videos like this.
Ajey Kumar Gupta